IST8 single-phase lithium UPS
The IST8 single-phase lithium UPS (1-3kVA) are the range of rack UPSs with lithium-ion batteries produced by AEC, in powers starting from 1kVA up to 3kVA. The IST8 UPS series adopts the most innovative lithium-ion battery technologies, guaranteeing an uninterruptible power system lifespan of up to 15 years. Lithium UPSs are available in models with internal batteries or combined with external battery cabinets for longer runtimes. The IST8 UPS is capable of withstanding temperatures up to 60° without risking damage to the batteries. 5-year battery warranty.
Lithium-ion battery characteristics
- Higher Energy Density: Li-ion batteries have a higher energy density than lead-acid batteries, which means they can store more energy in a smaller space.
- Lighter: Li-ion batteries are lighter than lead-acid batteries, making them easier to transport and install.
- Longer life: Li-ion batteries have a longer life than lead-acid batteries and can be used for longer periods without the need to replace them.
- Higher efficiency: Li-ion batteries are more efficient than lead-acid batteries, which means they can deliver more energy per unit of weight.
- More flexibility: Li-ion batteries can be used in a wide range of applications and in different types of devices, while lead-acid batteries are mainly used in specific applications.</li >
- Life cycles: Li-ion batteries have a longer life cycle than lead-acid batteries, i.e. they can be discharged and recharged more times before losing their capacity.
- Self-discharge: Li-ion batteries have a lower self-discharge than lead-acid batteries, which means they lose less energy when not in use.
- Working voltage: Li-ion batteries have a higher working voltage than lead-acid batteries, which means they can deliver more energy per unit of volume.</li >
- Working temperature: Li-ion batteries can operate in a wider range of temperatures than lead-acid batteries.
Other characteristics of the IST8 UPS
- Output power factor equal to 1 for better load capacity at the same power with lower and more convenient initial investment costs;
- Built-in Li-ion batteries, weight reduction up to 40% compared to traditional lead-acid VRLA batteries, maximum discharge capacity up to 80% and an expected life of 15 years with over 1500 recharge cycles;
- Small size and dustproof front design with LCD display;
- Wide input tolerance, compatible with diesel generators;
- Lithium-ion batteries, in addition to being much lighter and less bulky, are also much more versatile and advantageous thanks to their ability to operate in extremely cold temperatures. Maximum operation at -20°C and up to +50°C, without any risk of damage or performance derating;
- Possibility of installation in a 19-inch rack or tower;
- Advanced DSP digital control technology for precise and fast data processing;
- Fault detection and warning to ensure device safety, while also monitoring the UPS temperature;
- Intelligent fans with high-efficiency cooling, multiple modes to control their speed, extend their life and improve their efficiency.
- Large rotary HD LCD screen, graphical interface and simplified display for an improved and user-friendly user experience;
- Output voltage 208/220/230/240 Vac, 50/60Hz, configurable from on-site display;
- ECO mode configurable from on-site display;
- RS232 and USB communication ports equipped with user manual, cable and software CD;
- Maintenance bypass rack module (optional);
- SNMP network card for remote control and monitoring (optional);
- NC\NO clean contact card for alarms (optional).
In summary, the IST8 single-phase lithium uninterruptible power supplies represent a reliable and innovative solution to guarantee the continuity of the electricity supply in the event of a blackout or small power outages. Using lithium-ion batteries, these UPSs offer a number of benefits over traditional lead-acid batteries, including higher energy density, longer life, lower self-discharge, and higher efficiency.
Furthermore, the IST8 UPS has a series of technical characteristics which make it suitable for various situations and needs, such as the possibility of installation in a 19-inch rack or tower, compatibility with diesel generators and the presence of a series of communication ports for remote control and monitoring.
Finally, thanks to the dust-proof front design with LCD display and simplified graphical interface, the IST8 UPS is easy to use and suitable for different types of users.
By purchasing an AEC IST8 single-phase UPS (1-3 kVA), the USB card is included in the price, which allows you to connect the UPS to all the latest generation PCs via the USB port.
It is also possible to purchase several accessories for UPS separately to implement the functions of the UPS:
– External bypass = allows maintenance or repair/replacement of the UPS without interrupting the powered user.
– Dry Contact Board = provides a set of normally open or normally closed potential-free contacts to signal various UPS functions.
– SNMP Card =allows AEC UPSs to be monitored, serviced, tested and operated remotely anywhere in the world.